Serif has announced the 1.10 update to its creative suite of applications, including Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher. The update promises’ superpowered performance’ thanks to a major re-engineering of the software’s underlying architecture.
Affinity Photo is a photo editing application available for macOS, Windows and iPadOS. The app offers many high-end features, including RAW editing, HDR merge, panorama stitching, focus stacking, batch processing, .PSD file editing, 360° image editing, a non-destructive layers-based workflow, smart object support and much more. Thanks to the new update, Affinity Photo and other Affinity apps are ‘smoother,’ ‘faster,’ and include substantial speed increases.
Serif calls Affinity 1.10 its biggest performance update ever and that because the improvements are being made to the core codebase, all users will benefit. The major optimizations include memory management in Affinity Publisher, the rendering engine in Affinity Designer and layer efficiency in Affinity Photo.
- Improved GPU rendering
- Improved Serif Labs RAW engine
- Improved IME text editing for Japanese and simplified Chinese languages
- Improved lens corrections for Canon, Tamron and Sigma lenses
- Improved PDF import/export
- Improved astrophotography editing thanks to the ability to edit stacked image names and the option to stack images for different filters simultaneously. Further, X-Trans sensor support has been added.
- Improved performance with panorama stitching, defringing, adjustment layers, heavily layered documents, converting ICC profiles and more
- Raw CR3 support for Canon EOS 850D
There are many more improvements and changes, all of which are detailed in the patch notes above. Of the version 1.10 update, Ashley Hewson, Managing Director of Affinity developer Serif, says, ‘We’re proud that the Affinity apps already offer class-leading speeds in many tasks, and for our latest update we wanted to take a step back and really see what further levels of performance we could achieve.’
Affinity 1.10 is available now as a free update for existing users. For new users, Affinity Photo is available for $49.99 on macOS and Windows and $19.99 on iPad. For additional information about Affinity Photo and to download a free trial, click here.