Extra cheesy & a little spicy, this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip is fully loaded!
A creamy and cheesy ranch base is topped with shredded chicken, lots of buffalo sauce, and heaps of gooey cheese. It’s all baked until browned and bubbly for a game day favorite.
This is a delicious twist on a classic and great served with crostini or tortilla chips.
A Favorite Party Dip!
- Everyone loves a classic Buffalo Chicken Dip, and this Ranch-inspired twist is a game day favorite too!
- This dip can be prepared 48 hours in advance and baked before serving.
- Use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken if it’s what you have on hand.
- It’s easy to cook and serve warm from a Crockpot or slow cooker in place of the oven. (Instructions below.)
- Use store bought or even homemade ranch dressing.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip Ingredients
Use rotisserie chicken for this recipe to make prep really fast! Leftover Oven Baked Chicken Breasts or grilled chicken will also work well in this recipe. If you have frozen shredded chicken, use that!
The cheesy base is made with cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch dressing. Add some chopped celery for some great crunch, or swap out the ranch for blue cheese dressing. a completely different and delish variation. Add dry herbs if desired, or even some hot chilies.
Buffalo sauce is needed for the flavor and heat (did you know you can buy MILD buffalo sauce too)! Ensure you’re using buffalo sauce (and not just hot sauce) or mix up your own 2 ingredient Buffalo Sauce if you’ve only got hot sauce.
How to Make Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
The flavor is epic—plus it comes together in just a few easy steps:
- Whip dairy ingredients and Ranch with green onions. Fold in the chicken and green onions.
- Toss cooked chicken with half the Buffalo Sauce, layer on top of the cheesy base.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce, top with cheese, & bake per recipe below.
PRO TIP: Use an electric hand mixer for a light fluffy dip that won’t break the chips!
In a Crock-Pot:
This dip is easy to make in a Crock-Pot too!
- Mix the ingredients as directed & place in the slow cooker.
- Top with cheese & turn it onto low for 3 hours or high for about 90 minutes.
- Once it’s hot & bubbly, turn to “warm” setting and serve from the crock, if desired. So easy!
*Times can vary slightly based on the size of the slow cooker.
This tasty dip can be made ahead. Simply prepare it in an oven-proof dish and refrigerate. Let the dish come to room temperature, then bake when the guests arrive. Chicken dip will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Keep it covered until ready to use. Give it a stir, add some extra cheese, and reheat in the oven.
Delicious Game Day Dips!
Did the crowd love this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip is a creamy, cheesy & spicy dip loaded with shredded chicken and lots of cheese!
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, ½ cup of the buffalo sauce, and green onions with a mixer on medium speed. Spread in a a pie plate or small casserole dish (2qt).
Place chicken over the cream cheese mixture and drizzle with the remaining ½ cup buffalo sauce.
Top with cheeses and bake 20-25 minutes or until hot & bubbly. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
A hand mixer makes a fluffier dip that is easier to scoop but this can be mixed with a spoon if preferred.
Serve with crostini, tortilla chips, soft pretzels, or celery sticks for dipping.
Calories: 239, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 65mg, Sodium: 965mg, Potassium: 117mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 490IU, Vitamin C: 0.4mg, Calcium: 173mg, Iron: 0.4mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Appetizer, Dip, Party Food