It seems that those of you who were eagerly expecting the Canon EOS R3 towards the end of June should wait for another two months…at least. That’s what the latest rumor published on Canon Rumors suggests. Considering that this tidbit is not officially confirmed by Canon or any other official source, I won’t take it for granted by any means. No word on exact release date either.
Let’s hope, though, that we’ll see this long-awaited camera announcement before the end of 2021. Meanwhile, here’s what we know specs-wise thus far.
After being announced back in April earlier this year, Canon confirmed that the EOS R3 will be the next addition to the current lineup of the EOS R full-frame mirrorless series boasting superb AF performance and speed, especially when it comes to fast-moving subjects.
It was already unveiled that the camera will sport Canon’s first full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with a back-illuminated design which is expected to produce less rolling shutter while offering continuous electronic shutter still-image shooting up to 30fps.
We also know that the unit will have a new form of object tracking and the ability to record oversampled 4K video and RAW internally.
Other noteworthy features include vari-angle touchscreen, Canon Log3 picture profile, dual card slot SD & CFExpress, and Wifi 5GHz. The EOS R3 will have the same weather sealing as the 1DX Mark III and will use LP-E19 batteries.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications
- 30.1mp backside illuminated image sensor (A Canon first)
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
Stay tuned for more details down the line.
[source: Canon Rumors]
B&H Pre-Order Links: