Aging zombie playground and open-world bastard simulator, DayZ, has just received its much-anticipated 1.14 update, with Bohemia Interactive calling it the “biggest game update of the year”. It brings with it a new passive threat in the form of Contaminated Areas, in which players will have to be properly suited up to not end up seeing their lunches asking for a refund. Also, the 1.14 patch introduces new hunting traps, helicopter crash sites have been updated, there are new bullpup rifle animations, and the frame rate cap for Playstation 5 players has been raised to 60fps.
That all sounds very nice, but it’s hardly “update of the year” material.
Update 1.14 DayZ patch notes
- Static and dynamically spawning contaminated areas
- Contamination disease
- Exhaustible gas mask filter
- LE-MAS assault rifle and magazine
- NV-PVS4 Scope
- New visual effects when wearing specific headgear
- A yellow variant of the NBC suit
- PO-X Antidote
- NBC infected
- Field hospital at the North-East Airfield (Chernarus)
- Field hospital at the Lukow Airfield (Livonia)
- Craftable Tripwire
- Craftable Fishnet trap
- Craftable Small fish trap
- Craftable Snare trap
- New animal carcasses (can be picked up):
- Hare leg and pelt
- New animation for the stealth kill when using one-handed piercing weapon
For full DayZ 1.14 patch notes for PC and console, check out the Bohemia Interactive Studios forum.