Any time is a great time for a refreshing and nutritious kiwi smoothie!
Smoothies in any flavor from strawberry banana to this green gem can quench a summer playtime thirst or refuel you after a workout. This has amazing flavor, lots of nutrition, and can be easily adapted to favorite add-ins too.
Quick and Easy Kiwi Smoothie
- Make kiwi smoothies for one in a personal blender or double up the recipe and make a batch or two for a crowd.
- A take on our fave green smoothie recipe, this is a healthy way to energize the day.
- Use up leftover fruit, fruit juice, or yogurt and create a signature smoothie.
- Use fresh fruit for a thinner smoothie or frozen fruit to thicken it.
Ingredients in a Kiwi Smoothie
KIWI FRUIT: Kiwis are inexpensive and plentiful year-round. They have a subtle, sweet, citrus taste that complements creamy ingredients like milk, cream, or yogurt.
Choose kiwis that are firm (not hard), fuzzy, and free of soft spots or tears in the flesh. Peel the kiwi and chop before blending.
GREENS: We love the addition of greens in this recipe, either kale or spinach can be used. You can skip them if you’d like but greens add nutrition without changing the flavor.
TROPICAL FRUIT: Vitamin C-based fruits like orange and pineapple give this kiwi smoothie a bright tangy flavor and add to the texture.
YOGURT: Yogurt gives kiwi smoothies a creamy texture and beautiful pale green color for a gorgeous presentation. It also adds beneficial probiotics to the mix! Use plain yogurt, coconut, or vanilla for best results. If using a sweetened yogurt, adjust the honey to desired sweetness, or leave it out.
How to Make Kiwi Smoothies
- Blend kale or spinach (if using), orange juice, & honey in a blender until it is smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients (per the recipe below) & blend. Serve immediately.
Kale is an optional addition to this recipe for nutrition (but you can’t really taste it).
It is a tough green so this recipe starts by blending it with the juice before adding the remaining ingredients. This helps to ensure it is completely blended and smooth and will not change the texture of the smoothie.
- Smoothies are perfect for getting creative! No kale? No problem! Add chopped spinach or even a green powder supplement for a boost of nutrition. Add some chia seeds for extra nutrition.
- Pop in fruits like fresh or frozen blueberry, strawberry, pear, mango, or bananas.
- Peeled cucumbers are extra refreshing and avocado will make smoothies extra creamy.
- Want a dessert smoothie? Mix in Simple Syrup instead of honey, top with Whipped Cream, and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.
Making a Pretty Smoothie: You can add any fruits you’d like but keep in mind that green kiwi mixed with too many red or blue fruits will make the smoothie turn brown! It will still taste good, but it might not look as pretty.
For future smoothies, pour smoothies into individual zippered bags with the date written on the outside. Blend frozen smoothies in a blender and enjoy them all over again! Or, freeze smoothie cubes and add to iced tea or sparkling water for a sweet and fancy garnish!
So Many Smoothies!
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Leave us a comment below!
A handful of fresh fruit & veggies, some yogurt, & a bit of honey makes this smoothie creamy, flavorful, and totally irresistible!
Place kale, orange juice, and yogurt in a blender and blend until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Use fresh fruit for a thinner smoothie and frozen fruit for a thicker smoothie.
You can use sweetened or unsweetened yogurt in this recipe. If using plain yogurt, you might need to increase the honey to taste.
Leftovers can be frozen in ice cube trays and added to future smoothies.
Calories: 197, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 35mg, Potassium: 824mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 29g, Vitamin A: 1145IU, Vitamin C: 234mg, Calcium: 142mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best kiwi smoothie recipe, how to make kiwi smoothie, kiwi smoothie, kiwi smoothie recipe
Course Beverage, Breakfast, Drink, Drinks, Snack