Grilled Zucchini is the perfect summer side dish for just about any meal!
Zucchini slices tossed in a simple mixture of oil, fresh lemon juice, and seasonings. This recipe is ready in just minutes for a quick and easy side.
How To Grill Zucchini
I love making baked zucchini, but in the summer months, the grill is my friend since no oven is required!
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cut zucchini into ¾”-1″ pieces (or into longer strips if you’d prefer).
- Toss with olive oil, seasonings, and a squeeze of lemon. Thread onto skewers if using.
- Grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until tender crisp.
How Long To Grill Zucchini
Grilled zucchini cooks fast, so you need to make sure you are watching it while you cooked. No one likes mushy food!
Your grill should be preheated to medium high before you start cooking them. Place your grilled zucchini on the grill and cook it for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Once it is cooked on both sides and tender yet still crisp (it should hold its shape well), take them off the grill and enjoy them right away!
- We like to cut the zucchini into rounds and thread onto skewers. You can also cut it into strips and skip the skewers.
- Zucchini cooks quickly, if you’ve grilled meat the zucchini can be cooked while the meat rests.
- If you have fresh herbs, they are best sprinkled on the zucchini after cooking. This adds a fresh flavor (dill and basil are favorites).
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon or balsamic vinegar, or even a bit of parmesan or feta before serving.
Did you love this zucchini recipe? Leave a rating and comment below, we’d love to hear your favorite seasoning and serving ideas!
Tender zucchini slices, lightly seasoned and grilled, make the perfect summer side dish.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Slice zucchini about ¾” thick and place in a bowl.
Add olive oil, garlic, basil, salt & pepper. Squeeze half of the lemon over the zucchini and toss to combine.
Thread zucchini onto skewers and grill 3-5 minutes on each side or until tender crisp. Remove from grill and squeeze remaining lemon overtop if desired.
Zucchini can be sliced into strips instead of rounds and will not require skewers. If using baby zucchini, they can be halved lengthwise and tossed with seasonings.
Garlic powder can be used in place of fresh garlic.
If you have fresh herbs, they are best sprinkled on the zucchini after cooking. This adds a fresh flavor (dill and basil are favorites).
Add a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon or balsamic vinegar, or even a bit of parmesan or feta before serving to change it up.
Calories: 87, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 8mg, Potassium: 293mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 195IU, Vitamin C: 31.8mg, Calcium: 23mg, Iron: 0.5mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword grilled zucchini
Course Side Dish
More Zucchini Recipes You’ll Love