The Henan flooding is the latest natural disaster to hit China and as of today, there are over 60 deaths. Although the Chinese province is getting back to normal, lost items are still been recovered. According to reports, over 80,000 submerged vehicles in Henan had been reported for insurance due to the heavy rain. The total loss for the cars alone currently exceeds 1 billion yuan ($154 million). Of course, it’s not just cars that got submerged in water, many other electronic products like smartphones also got submerged. Particularly, there is a trending video on a recovered Huawei Mate 30 Pro.
The video from a Weibo user shows a Huawei Mate 30 Pro that has been underwater for three days. According to the video, after recovery, this smartphone can not only come on, it can also make calls normally. Amazed by this, the user calls Huawei a “Chinese mobile phone cow”.
Of course, the user did not say the model of the Huawei phone. However, looking at the rear design, this is obviously the Huawei Mate 30 Pro. Although this device has IP68 certification, this does not guarantee survival under water for three days.
In order to support the Henan disaster relief, Huawei has provided customers in Henan Province with a 50% discount on water maintenance spare parts and labor-free services from July 22.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.53-inch (2400 x 1176 pixels) FHD+ flex OLED Display with 18.4:9 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.09 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.86 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 40MP ( Cine Camera, f/1.8 aperture) + 40 MP (SuperSensing Camera, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 8 MP (Telephoto Camera, f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x Optical Zoom, 5x Hybrid Zoom3 and up to 30x Digital Zoom)+3D Depth Sensing Camera supports Autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (HUAWEI AI Image Stabilization), 7680fps ultra slow motion, 4k HDR+ time-lapse
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 3D Depth Sensing Camera for 3D Face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Side-touch interaction for dual-sided volume control
- Infrared sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 73.1 x 8.8 /9.5 (Leather) mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge