All MMORPGs have some form of character attribute, whether it is through their weapons or stat templates. New World is no different, having the option to invest points into one of five New World attributes. These attributes increase the weapon strength of certain New World weapon types while providing stat boosts for every 50 points invested into the attribute.
Here is our New World Attributes guide, which details what the attributes are and what they can do for your character.
New World Attributes
Here are the five New World attributes you can spec into:
- Strength – Increases the damage you deal with strength weapons – used for weapons like the Sword and Shield, Warhammer, Great Axe, Hatchet, Spear.
- Constitution – Increases your health pool.
- Dexterity – Increases the damage you deal with dexterity weapons – Rapier, Hatchet, Spear, Musket, Bow.
- Intellect – Increases the damage you deal with magic weapons – Fire Staff Ice Gauntlet, and scales with the Musket and Rapier.
- Focus – Increases healing proficiency and mana usage.
- 50 Strength: +5% damage to melee light attacks; +10% mining speed
- 100 Strength: +10% damage to melee heavy attacks; +20 encumbrance
- 150 Strength: +50% stamina damage from melee light and heavy attacks; -10% decrease in weight of mined items
- 200 Strength: +10% damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies; +10% mining speed
- 250 Strength: Stamina regen is faster during melee attacks; +10% mining yield increase
- 300 Strength: Melee attacks gain GRIT; 25% chance to mine an ore with a single swing
Constitution is ideal for end game PvPers who are not interacting with PvP scaling and tank players who are breaching through the gates of an enemy fort or tanking the most brutal mobs in an expedition.
Read More: Best Tank builds and more.
- 50 Constitution: All health consumables 20% stronger and +10% increase to logging speed
- 100 Constitution: Increase max health by 10% of physical armour; -10% reduction on tool durability loss
- 150 Constitution: -10% crit damage taken with a further -10% decrease in weight of logging items
- 200 Constitution: +20% armour; +10% logging speed
- 250 Constitution: -80% damage reduction when at full health (60s cooldown); +10% logging yield increase
- 300 Constitution: +20 duration of stun, slow, and root spells; 25% chance to chop down a tree in a single swing
Dexterity is primarily for the agile melee weapons, but you can invest in this New World Attribute, especially if you opt for the Fire Staff Rapier Intellect crit build, which requires 50 points in Dexterity for the bonus crit strike. You can read more on this Rapier build here.
- 50 Dexterity: +5% crit chance; +10% skinning speed
- 100 Dexterity: +5% thrust damage; +20% haste for 3s after skinning
- 150 Dexterity: Dodges cost 10 less stamina white you get a -10% decrease in weight of skinned items
- 200 Dexterity: +10% bonus backstab and headshot damage along with a +10% skinning speed increase.
- 250 Dexterity: +10% bonus crit damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies; +10% skinning yield increase
- 300 Dexterity: Guaranteed crit after dodge roll (once per 10s); ammo has a 15% chance of being returned
Intelligence is the primary stat you will use for your magic damage dealing weapons. This is your primary stat for your Fire Staff to increase your damage using light and heavy attacks and increases your magic damage DoT, which is great for the Fire Staff.
- 50 Intelligence: +10% damage to light and heavy magic attacks plus +10% harvest speed
- 100 Intelligence: +10% crit damage; +5% chance for 1 Azoth while harvesting
- 150 Intelligence: +15% elemental damage; -10% decrease in weight of harvested items
- 200 Intelligence: +10 mana after a dodge and +10% harvest speed
- 250 Intelligence: +30% duration to damage over time spells and +10% harvest yield increase
- 300 Intelligence: +30% damage on first hit on full health target; -10% reduction in Azoth fast travel cost
Focus is a great attribute for players who want to main the Healing staff and play supportive builds. It is also very useful for crafters who want to go out and efficiently farm world resources for their crafting.
- 50 Focus: +10% mana regen rate and +10% fishing line tension
- 100 Focus: +20 mana; +10% salvaging yield increase
- 150 Focus: +20% healing output and -10% decrease in carrying weight of fish
- 200 Focus: +20% casted buff duration and +10% fishing line tension
- 250 Focus: +30 mana on any self or group kill; +10% increase to caught fish size
- 300 Focus: When your mana hits 0, gain 200% mana regen for 10s (60s cooldown) and get a -10% cooldown reduction for Inn fast travel
As you can see, there is quite each New World attribute provides. Remember to take these breakpoints into account when you come to building yourself a stat and weapon build.