This afternoon, Lu Weibing, President of Xiaomi Group China and General Manager of Redmi Brand, wrote that although it has been more than half a year, Redmi K40 Pro is still the most cost-effective Snapdragon 888 flagship phone. He is particularly proud of the phone’s excellent E4 AMOLED screen. This display comes with Displaymate A+ certification. According to Lu Weibing, this device is the “best” smartphone for summer students.
The Redmi K40 Pro is a flagship smartphone that was released in the first half of this year. The initial launch price is 2799 yuan (6GB+128GB). This series also has the Redmi K40 and Redmi K40 Pro+ models. According to Redmi, there will be a discount for the Redmi K40 Pro from tomorrow. The Redmi K40 Pro which comes with the top Snapdragon 888 SoC will have a 300 yuan ($46) discount across all models. The 8GB + 128GB model will sell for 2699 yuan ($417) while the 8GB + 256GB will sell for 2999 yuan ($463). This is also one of the cheapest Snapdragon 888 flagships on the market.
As Redmi’s flagship of the year, Redmi K40 Pro has the best straight screen in its class and has obtained the DisplayMate A+ certification. The Redmi K40 series adopts an E4 material AMOLED screen. According to reports, this is the most expensive straight screen in the market. It uses a 6.67-inch display and the peak brightness of the screen can reach 1300nits. The global brightness is 900nits, and the contrast ratio is up to 5 million:1.
Redmi K40 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro), Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging
It is worth noting that the MIUI 12.5 stable version update is available for the Redmi K40 Pro. Some of the experience is comparable or even surpasses the iOS operating system.