Although more recently rumors appeared on the Web about the likely premiere of the sub-flagship smartphone Samsung Galaxy S21 FE in early September, new data from Korean sources indicate that the debut of the new product may not take place next month.
According to the famous South Korean portal The Elec, mass production of the Galaxy S21 FE was supposed to begin in the first half of the year, and sales were planned to begin in the third quarter. However, the schedule had to be shifted by four months due to a global chip shortage.
Now Samsung intends to start production in September, and the device will not appear in stores until October or even November. Earlier, there were also rumors that Samsung could postpone the release of the S21 FE by focusing marketing resources on promoting new foldable smartphones, and in June it was reported that the company would not release a more affordable flagship at all, but the manufacturer denied this rumor, calling it “speculation.” …
In addition to the fact that the debut will presumably be postponed, it is possible that Samsung has changed its sales plans for the model and their volumes will barely exceed 10 million copies.
In addition, Samsung continues to prepare for the Galaxy S22 premiere next year. The device may go on sale in January next year, like its predecessors. The production of components for the S22 series is expected to start in November.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE rumoured specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with OIS, LED Flash, 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Telephoto camera, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 32MP front camera
- Water resistant (IP68)
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 74.5 x 7.9~9.3mm (with camera bump)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
Based on previous rumors and leaks, the Galaxy S21 FE features a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a round camera cutout, Full HD + resolution and 120Hz refresh rate, and HDR10 + support. The selfie camera has a resolution of 32 megapixels.
The rear camera module received three sensors – 12 megapixels (ultra wide-angle), 8 megapixels (telephoto lens with 3x zoom); and an auxiliary sensor. The device is running the flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset; has 6/8 GB of RAM and 128/256 GB of flash memory. Expansion is possible with memory cards. A fingerprint scanner is available into the display, there are stereo speakers and a 4500 mAh battery with 25 W fast charging (Qi wireless charging is also available). The device runs Android 11 OS in One UI 3.1 shell, water and dust protection class – IP67.