|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
After my previous announcement date gaffe, I decided that the next time I give everyone an announcement date, it’s actually accurate. This time, barring any unknown catastrophe, I have received confirmation from good sources that the Canon EOS R3 body will be announced in September 2021.
I do not have the exact announcement date in September, but I think we may need to be closer to September before the hype machine starts rolling.
At this time, I have no additional features or specifications to report.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications:
- 30.1mp backside illuminated image sensor (A Canon first)
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress