|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Nikon Rumors is reporting that Nikon will be announcing their flagship mirrorless camera body in November or December of this year.
This looks to be above Canon’s upcoming EOS R3 in the marketplace, so the EOS R1 will be the likely competitor once Canon brings it to market late next year.
Nikon Rumors also has a bunch of rumored specifications for the upcoming camera.
Nikon Z9 Specifications (Rumored)
- Newly developed high-resolution stacked FX sensor.
- Integrated vertical grip handle
- The Z9 is described as a D6 body combined with EOS R5 imaging, α9II AF, and blackout-free EVF
- Nikon confirmed that the Z9 will be better than the D6
- 20 fps
- 16-bit RAW option
- 8k30p, 4k120/60/30p
- New EXPEED processor designed for 8k (newly developed Imaging Pipeline Processor to broaden sensor readout emphasizing speed)
- Improved AF (Object detection AF)
- “Stunning” AF tracking (better than the D6)
- Two XQD/CFX type B memory card slots
- ISO 64 – 25,600, Hi1, Hi2
- Improved noise levels and specifically significantly better dynamic range
- High resolution, blackout-free EVF: probably 5.76 MP or maybe even 9k MP viewfinder, 120 Hz refresh rate (the resolution can be reduced to increase the refresh rate)
- New user interface (no second LCD screen on the back like the D6)
- New battery: Nikon EN-EL18x
- Gbit LAN, USB-C, WiFi, GPS
- Price: $6,000 – $7,000